5 Tips For Choosing An Amazing Engagement Gift
Welcome to guest blogger Elise Thomas of EliseThomasDesigns.com ! Elise is sharing her expertise on gifts for the bridal couple and ideas on gifts for showers, engagements and weddings.
It’s finally happening! Your sister, your daughter, your best friend is finally going to tie the knot! Of course, you’d like to celebrate the good news. So, what’s the best gift to give? Read on for 5 tips to help you choose an amazing engagement gift.
1. Personalized gifts that incorporate a couple’s initials, monogram, wedding date and/ or wedding colors will have special meaning to your couple. These are the gifts that are destined to become treasured heirlooms.
2. Gift to the couple. It’s not ALL about her, after all. He is getting married too! See if you can find a gift that takes both of their needs, tastes or backgrounds into consideration.
3. How much should you spend? Emily Post says “An engagement gift is really a good-hearted gesture of affection, and it need not be expensive or elaborate. ”
4. Choose something useful. Couples who are just starting out don’t always have a lot of space. So, something they can use around their home or something they will consume is always appreciated.
5. Your gift is meant to express your warm and sincere congratulations. A gift that comes from your heart is all that is will take to make occasion a memorable one.
Elise Thomas is a mixed media artist creating handmade wedding designs from glass and clay, offered through her web site: EliseThomasDesigns.com.